Hi Guys!!! I hope most of you must have started with college and work after a long summer vacation. Since monsoon is soon going to arrive and weather will change leading to a change in a lot of skincare. So instead of choosing a different product why not choose something that is natural, good for skin and is also cost effective. One of the kitchen ingredient that i completely swear by is Baking Soda. You will find a lot of google articles and DIYs that include benefits of Baking Soda. So, I will list a few tips on how I use it and what are its benefits.
- If you have a problem of foot odor and you sweat a lot, exfoliate your feet with baking soda with some coconut oil. It will make not eliminate odor but will also help in removing dead skin cells and roughness from your feet. If you don’t want to use coconut oil, you can choose any other oil of your choice or even glycerine will do.
- If you dark and rough underarms, just exfoliate them once or twice a week using only baking soda. Take a handful of it and exfoliate your underarms after a shower. It will lighten your underarms, make shaving smoother and will help in eliminating odor due to bacteria and sweat. You can also use a combination of baking soda and neem leaves after your workout in the gym.
- Worried about dandruff and gunk in your hair, before washing your hair, just rinse it with warm water by mixing baking soda in it. Use this technique at least 3 times a month and you will see the difference.
- How often do you break out before an important function or an event . An overnight treatment for acne and those cystic zits is a paste of baking soda with plain distilled water/ rose water/ lemon juice and apply it right on the acne or pimple marks for not more than 8 minutes and then rinse it with cool water or apply ice. The acne will subside and you can cover it with a good concealer.
- A paste of baking soda and lime juice also helps in teeth whitening. This will not happen overnight nor will your teeth become sparkling white. All the yellowness is because of food habits and lack of dental care. So you need to follow a good dental care along with this DIY baking soda paste.
- Baking Soda also works as a closet fragrance and odor eliminator.
- If you have blackheads/ whiteheads and clogged pores, you baking soda as an exfoliator. If you have oily skin you can prepare\\a granular mixture with rose water. If you have dry skin, make a granular paste using honey. Be gentle and don’t be harsh as it can sometimes cause a rash you have sensitive skin.