Hello People! Firstly thank you so much for all the love and support. I am now just 1 likes away to get 50 likes on Facebook. Today I am going to review the Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream. Its not a very pleasing product for me, to know why read below:
Description: Himalaya’s Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream gently and effectively removes dandruff while keeping hair nourished and moisturized. It soothes an itchy and flaky scalp, which in turn helps strengthen the hair shaft. It also controls hair fall. Tea Tree Oil contains terpenoids, naturally occurring organic chemicals, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal properties. The essential oil of the Tea Tree plant is an excellent anti-dandruff agent. A high content of terpinen-4-oil, the major antimicrobial compound in Tea Tree Oil, eliminates dead cells and dandruff. Rosemary helps promote hair growth by strengthening hair follicles. Extracts of this herb are used to prevent scalp infections.
Price: INR 100/-
Look: The hair cream comes in a plastic pack which has standard white and green packing of the Himalaya.
Texture / Pigmentation: The Hair Cream is thick in texture, non greasy and water based. The cream has a mild smell which is tolerable.
- Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil obtained by using steam to distill Melaleuca alternifolia leaves, a plant native to Australia. Traditionally, the leaves of this plant have been used for healing skin cuts, burns and infections. Recent studies have proved its antifungal action, making Tea Tree Oil an important ingredient in treating scalp infections like dandruff.
- Coriander, a widely popular herb in India, contains antibacterial and antifungal agents that help prevent infections.
- Rosemary, known as the herb of remembrance, has been used for magic, healing and seasoning for thousands of years! This exotic, leafy evergreen shrub increases blood circulation, and for this reason, is used in hair care products to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Nutrients in the herb help maintain healthy hair.
- Sweet Basil helps nourish hair, making it healthy and leaving it moisturized throughout the day.
Directions for use: Massage gently into the scalp in a circular motion. Use regularly before and after shampooing to maintain dandruff-free, soft and healthy hair.For best results, shampoo hair with Himalaya’s Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.Best for all hair types. Safe to use on artificially colored or permed hair.
My take on The Product
To begin with, my scalp is very dry and I often develop dandruff and flakes. Whenever I use to wash my hair for a day or two it stays nice and soft, but later it gets back to flakes and dandruff. I tried lots of shampoo and home remedies to deal with dandruff. One of the main causes of my dandruff was that I wear a helmet everyday while travelling. I am also too forgetful to wear a scarf or do anything more. I then came across Himalaya anti dandruff hair cream which was affordable, easily available. Going By the name Himalaya I bought this cream. I was expecting good results from this product but it completely disappointed me. Firstly I completely hate the smell of the hair cream.. It smells like chick peas paste. The first time I used it for a few hours the itchy scalp was at rest but it started again. Thinking it was the first time, I should give more tries to see if I can see the effects after regular use, but it was not very effective at dealing with dandruff. I now use this to set baby hairs while wearing a pony. I guess the results might differ if the Anti Dandruff Shampoo of this Range is used.
What I Like
1. Easily available in stores and Online
3. Non greasy and Spreads easily
What I Don’t Like
1. Fails to deal with dandruff
2. Unpleasant smell
Final Verdict: I am completely disappointed with the product. For INR 100, its an average product.